When life gives you lemons; you find some apples, carrots, and ginger — then you make this delicious juice! My Apple Carrot Lemon Ginger Juice is such an easy recipe that I almost didn’t want to share, but this is one of my all-time favourite fresh juices. Sometimes simple really is best. Enjoy this little bit of sunshine in a glass whenever you need a quick dose of vitamins and antioxidants to cleanse your digestive system and rev up your metabolism.
APPLE CARROT LEMON GINGER JUICE
This sweet and spicy juice is brimming with so many health benefits and amazing colour. Just one glass provides your vitamin A and C intake for the day, along with essential nutrients to maintain good health, skin and vision. I make it often, since I usually have these ingredients on hand — it always makes me feel great and gives me tons of energy. Plus the sunny colour seriously makes me happy!
Yield: 16 oz (2 cups)
• 2 apples (I like one red and one green)
• 8 medium carrots
• 1 lemon
• 1/2″ – 1″ piece of ginger (adjust according to your preference, I like it spicy!)
1. Start with chilled produce.
2. Chop all ingredients into 1″ pieces.
3. Add chopped produce to your Hurom Slow Juicer (or similar), starting with an ingredient that isn’t as juicy (like ginger), and alternating with an ingredient that makes lots of juice (like apple). This will ensure that the juicy ingredients flush the not-so-juicy ingredients through the juicer and you’ll get more of them in your cup!
4. Serve over ice, and garnish with a slice of apple or lemon, and enjoy!
- 2 apples (I like one red and one green)
- 8 medium carrots
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 1" piece of ginger (adjust according to your preference, I like it spicy!)
Start with chilled produce.
Chop all ingredients into 1" pieces.
Add chopped produce to your Hurom Slow Juicer (or similar), starting with an ingredient that isn't as juicy (like ginger), and alternating with an ingredient that makes lots of juice (like apple). This will ensure that the juicy ingredients flush the not-so-juicy ingredients through the juicer and you'll get more of them in your cup!
Serve over ice, and garnish with a slice of apple or lemon, and enjoy!
MORE FAVOURITE FRESH JUICE RECIPES
SHOP MY FAVOURITE JUICER
We’ve owned our Hurom Slow Juicer for nearly a decade and it’s still going strong! We selected this juicer because it’s slow masticating and cold press — meaning it presses the juice out of produce (more slowly) rather than less expensive models that completely shred it. This ultimately means more nutrients in your cup! Plus, it’s a breeze to clean.
What are your favourite juice recipes? Feel free to leave me your favourite combos in the comments, I’d love to hear from you! And if you try my Apple Carrot Lemon Ginger Juice, let me know how you like it.
Thanks to the Food Bloggers of Canada for featuring this recipe in your Weekend Links For September 26, 2015.
Disclaimer: This post is not sponsored, and contains my genuine thoughts and recommendations. JustineCelina uses affiliate and referral links, which allow me to receive a small commission when you make a purchase through one of my links. Your purchases help to support JustineCelina.com!