Today I’m sharing my favourite green juice recipe — Lean Green Protein Juice! I love this recipe for a few reasons:
1. It’s quick to make and I usually have all the ingredients on hand
2. It’s a perfect on-the-go option when I’m busy
3. It’s full of antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and complete protein
4. When I drink it consistently my skin is more radiant
5. It’s absolutely delicious!
LEAN GREEN PROTEIN JUICE
People often think it must difficult for plant-based eaters to consume proper amounts of protein in their diets. The reality is that’s not true at all — I’m constantly finding new sources of plant-based protein and I love the variety that’s available.
When we first purchased our juicer, we did a ton of research about ingredients, best combinations and started a stockpile of recipes. I quickly I learned that my favourite juice recipes are ones that are simple to prepare and only use a few ingredients — that’s when I came up with my Lean Green Protein Juice. I discovered that when celery and cucumber combine, they form a complete protein, which simply means they have a complimentary amino acid profile. Did you know cucumbers are 11% protein, and celery is 17%? Who knew?!
This juice is tangy, refreshing and a bit spicy — I love it chilled during the warmer months. Spinach makes this juice rich in vitamins A, B, C, E and K, while cucumber and celery provide excellent protein, fiber and hydration. Apple helps to keep your heart healthy, and lemon and ginger are great for cleansing and detoxifying the body.
Yield: 16 oz (2 cups)
• 1 green apple
• 1 lemon
• 1/4″ piece of ginger
• 4 cups spinach leaves
• 1/2 an English cucumber
• 2 celery stalks
1. Start with chilled produce.
2. Chop all ingredients into 1″ pieces and add them one at a time to your Hurom Slow Juicer (or similar), starting with an ingredient that isn’t as juicy (like spinach), and alternating with an ingredient that makes lots of juice (like apple). This will ensure that the juicy ingredients flush the not-so-juicy ingredients through the juicer and you’ll get more of them in your cup!
3. Serve over ice, and garnish with a celery stalk, slice of lemon or cucumber, and enjoy!
- 1 green apple
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 " piece of ginger
- 4 cups spinach leaves
- 1/2 an English cucumber
- 2 celery stalks
Start with chilled produce.
Chop all ingredients into 1" pieces and add them one at a time to your Hurom Slow Juicer (or similar), starting with an ingredient that isn't as juicy (like spinach), and alternating with an ingredient that makes lots of juice (like apple). This will ensure that the juicy ingredients flush the not-so-juicy ingredients through the juicer and you'll get more of them in your cup!
Serve over ice, and garnish with a celery stalk, slice of lemon or cucumber, and enjoy!
What are your favourite juice recipes? Feel free to leave me your favourite combos in the comments, I’d love to hear from you! And if you try my Lean Green Protein Juice, let me know how you like it.
Thank you to The Calgary Herald and FeedFeed for featuring this recipe. If you’re looking for more delicious fresh juice recipes, check out the Juice Feed, curated by the lovely members of the FeedFeed community!
Disclaimer: This post is not sponsored, and contains my genuine thoughts and recommendations. JustineCelina uses affiliate and referral links, which allow me to receive a small commission when you make a purchase through one of my links. Your purchases help to support JustineCelina.com!